Monday, March 03, 2008

// TURBO DIESEL

You know you're in deep when your brain doesn't activate in the AM without the assistance of sweet, sweet caffeine. The headaches, the fog - let it pass with a cup of NY's finest. I present to you my top (3) locations for that fix -

3. Mud Trucks - You see them on the street, big, orange, veggie-powered coffee trucks. My favorite location - Astor Place. Smooth and flavor packed. Buy a bag of beans, get your coffee on the truck.

2. Jack's - My downtown staple. It's not just the top notch coffee quality, it's the staff, it's the music - every time I leave the joint, I'm in a good mood. Jack's is located downtown by the South Street Seaport - 222 Front Street (b/t Beekman & Peck Slip) and also in the West Village - 138 W. 10th Street (b/t Waverly Place and Greenwich Avenue)

1. Gorilla - I limit myself to Gorilla coffee on the weekends. Luckily it's a mile walk from my front door or I'd probably be a lot more neurotic. The line can extend out of the front door to the corner - this place is a straight up crack den. The coffee is super rich, period. Do not consume this on an empty stomach or you will most likely have heart failure. Walk there, run back - 97 Fifth Avenue (corner of Park Place) - Brooklyn



No comments: