Thursday, March 06, 2008

Lis On The Mind

So I received word from Clams that the BioFoam blanks are on the way. I have never shaped a board before and I'm really pumped on the idea. For my number 001, I have decided to go with a Lis inspired twin keel fish. The double-foiled, salvaged Brazillian Walnut keels will be hand shaped in my kitchen. At first, I considered sending the board out to be glassed, but my friend Alex persuaded me to do it myself. He also blessed me with some good advice: one pass at a time. What thou does to one side, thou shalt do to the other - thanks Alex, I'm amped to say the least.

The most important thing about this project for me will be sharing the
finished project with my cousins, Ariel & Andrew. These super groms are complete rippers and it's time that they start to expand their horizons - style ReDefinition. Hopefully this works - I've got my fingers crossed.


Shown Below: Steve Lis + Kneeboard, circa 1973 - photo by Warren Bolster















// UPDATE **


Grey Ghost Customs & Rockapulco All Star Joey Clams settin' it off. Seen here somewhere in the N'East hustle with his peanut butter rip stick. Joey does not overlook any detail. His boards are built with flex and durability in mind.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

but before you get down on that fish we're gonna saw up some blank skate decks were gonna pick up from mollusk Saturday. Prepare to bandsaw son and live the high life, miller high life.

DP said...

+ yeah you know it // bandsaw + kitchen + highlife + blank = Seeeek Mate +

sinned said...

Blank shredders unite! (sick print on Clams' site btw!)

DP said...

Thanks braddah - let's see some flicks posted up on the progress.