Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Skatey № 2

The closest that I ever came to making my own skate was back when I was a grom. Being that I couldn’t drive to the beach, I needed to step up my surfing game on the sidewalk. Stoked on the OG Endless Summer and armed with my pops’ jigsaw I cut out my longboard – the material: MDF. I had big dreams of bombing the neighborhood – cross-stepping my way to every destination of choice. The basketball courts, the slushie spot – wherever; This board was certain to be under my feet. And so it goes I snapped it within the first 2 minutes of it’s existence and the dream had come to an abrupt end.

Fast forward to 2008 // As seen below – hand cut, hand sanded, hand painted. Inspired by classic surfboard architecture/design, I present my 2nd try, no. 2 -






























































2 comments:

sinned said...

sick mate
jigsaw? got some tips?

DP said...

Thanks braddah. A jig saw will defo do it - make a few relief cuts around the perimeter - then grab some 60 grit and get busy.