Thursday, February 28, 2008

Noisy Neighbors

I snagged this photo in Biarritz. While trying to fall asleep, I couldn't help but notice that there was this exquisite color green beaming in through the window - the shutters were open just enough to let the light in. The building across the way is typically white, but in the evening it illuminates just like you see below.

The Hotel Palym is an interesting place. Consequentially, it's the place that I learned to speak sign language. Upon arriving, the woman that ran the joint remembered me as the smilin' guy from New York City that surfs. She returned the favor and smiled back and began to open the conversation in French. Her body language spoke in a reminiscent tone - It took her about ten seconds to remember what she loved about me most - this guy doesn't understand a word I'm saying.

As much as I wanted to have a normal conversation with her, it was impossible. That lady and I have a pretty special relationship - I know deep down inside she can't wait until I come back -

No comments: