Monday, June 30, 2008

got wet

was up at mccarren park yesterday for the hold steady/loved ones pool party. my ace justino, aka blaastyoass (founding member of the seminal NJ rap group - the drew crew) came out and along with W and I braved the rain for the show. Bitburgers and sambuca shots on the south side before the show def loosened me up to stand in the pouring rain - had i gone in naked, i would have been miserable. the loved ones rocked, and if you don't know them, check em out. They're from illadelphia and their last record was produced by the pete from the bouncing souls.

only caught half of the hold steady set before the heat/beers/wetness caught up with me. I don't feel a need to say anything about hold steady, just ask your local williamsburg type if you don't know about em. Here are some photos:

//under the sixpoint beer tent making new friends as i'm trying to stay dry. homeboy with the lanyard around his neck actually asked me to take his hand truck and pick up two kegs from the beer truck on the other side of the venue - after he charged me $24 for four cups of beer.


//the loved ones staying dry on stage. me, not so much.

//giant slip n' slide (remember the original wet banana?)dude in the middle was chucked his son down it like he was a battered wife.

//W showed up with no joke 9 hot dogs for us...yea man!

//redbull girls from the bx - way mo better then the herds of willieburg sheep. blaastyoass and w drunk and wet - yo you good?

1 comment:

Vince Galvin said...

love a six point.